Luxman RX 101 Suckface

rjag46

Does anyone happen to know how to bypass the suckface function on this unit? It,s a pain in the ass to try and change the belt. thanks for any info.

It's probably just about as much work to modify the mechanism to stay in the sucked in position as it is to install the belt. But, have you looked at the moving parts with the cover off to get an idea what you might do to lock the sliding part in place?

I had one that the previous owner modified by removing and repositioning some parts but I wouldn't recommend that approach myself. Better to either do the belt (assuming that is all that's needed, make sure you check to see the leaf switch on the gearbox is intact & working) or just unplug the motor and figure out how to clamp the mechanism in the retracted position.

John

I picked up an RX102 with a non-functioning suckface. I think both the belt and leaf switch are a problem. While I try to figure out it's bigger issues I have disconnected the servo module and used a small piece of wood to block the faceplate in the retract position. Not a particularly subtle solution but gets the job done.

Mike

I picked up an RX102 with a non-functioning suckface. I think both the belt and leaf switch are a problem. While I try to figure out it's bigger issues I have disconnected the servo module and used a small piece of wood to block the faceplate in the retract position. Not a particularly subtle solution but gets the job done.

Mike

I did the same thing with an RX102 , quick fix and never thought about it after that . Then I gave it to a friend , he loved it .

Hello
Just fixed mine.
The strap is broken and the pressure switch does not seems to do its job.
1) On the main shaft, there is a screw, to adjust the face plate position at rest.
I simple readjust the face plate to the " on " position ( spring is compress) and thigh the screw. No need to put any block, as mention in one of the thread.
2) I unplug the motor connector and I short circuit pin 2 and 5. No need to remove a diode, as mention in one of the thread.

Hope that helps, 3 years later ...

Still sad to have lost that useless but fun feature.

Attachments

• IMG_3439.jpg
    IMG_3439.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2019-12-02_12-16-01.png
    2019-12-02_12-16-01.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom