Music for having an MRI

MRI's SUCK

This thread caught my eye since Ive had a couple over the last few years, back problems, titanium inserts etc.
The last MRI was just 2 months ago, so when they asked about music I told em I brought my own,:thmbsp:
but they only had a radio:thumbsdn:
So I requested JJJ , an aussie rock station, and TURN IT UP.
OK , they were happy to comply, only 2 problems, the headphones (if you can call them that) sounded like poo, and they weren't loud enough:thumbsdn:
The nurse said that NOBODY has had em that loud before, its not good for you:nono:

Glad to hear the (good?) news Stuwee, I hope it just stops growing instead of slowly growing, that can happen, too. Just keep an eye on things, being aware can be a life saver. :thmbsp:

I've had several MRI/CAT scans over the past decade and a half, for heart probs (chronic A-Fib), mini strokes (from the A-Fib) and a broken vertebra...nothing to fear, really. The hot flash of the dye is pretty wierd, but goes away quickly. :yes:

The headphones are never loud enough to cover up the "bonkbonkbonkbonk..." I was able to take my own music to the test, I've tried everything from Enya to Black Sabbath, and finally just settled on falling asleep. :boring:

Thanks ya'll, glad to hear we are all doin' ok and staying on top of things, we bitch about this stuff because it's no fun and to some kinda scarey but, back in the day before these things the out come was pretty bleak! Good tunes can get me through just about anything:yes: Maybe one of the Grado,Senheiser,Stax designers can come up with a decent pair of cans in the future:thmbsp:, I'm a syncopation nut, and, when it happens in there with the sounds that thing makes and the tunes I'm listening to it puts a smile on my face:music::music:

Craig

As one who has had a couple of MRI runs as well, it strikes me that several selections from the "It's a beautiful day" self-titled album would work nicely! :beatnik:

Haha, yup, that's exactly what I did last week when they were scanning my knees. Cludge, Cludge, Knock, Knock, Knock...Knock, Knock, Knock, ruuummmble, tick, ruuummmble, tick, continue for 2-5 minutes, silence, repeat. It gets kind of hypnotic after half an hour. :screwy:

sorta like a Kraftwerk 45 on 33...

Back
Top Bottom