Pics of your messy storage spaces

shimniok

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Everyone gets to show off their uber fancy listening environments and primo gear in that other thread. Well, now it's time to fess up! :para:

Most of us have a hoarding problem and have equipment jammed in all kinds of nooks and crannies around the house. :sigh:

Whose got the biggest, most chaotic pile o' audio stuff?? :banana:

I got nuthin to hide. I'll go first.

1. My listening space also doubles as a storage pile.

StorageSpace001.jpg

Beat up BIC960, humming Sony TC230 (not pictured), accursed broken CT-F8282, Luxman R-117, Infinity RS3k's, and a starter system for the neighbor kid -- HK 395i and BIC 940 plus a pair of small Polks. And non-audio stuff like the logic analyzer.

2. Scattered about the garage are miscellaneous items,

StorageSpace002.jpg

like this CR-2020 which is "in queue" for repairs and a Mitsubishi DA-R15 and pair of unknown Polks that is there so I set it up as garage system #2. Upper right is my DIY RCM in progress, and cover for the HK680i (see below)

3. The workbench features stuff I'm working on right this moment like...

StorageSpace003.jpg

the Fisher 400 I just picked up and am attempting to clean up a little as well as the HK680i whose output trannies I blew up several months ago... parts are on the way so hopefully it'll be functional again soon.

4. Off in a far corner, hidden amongst Jeep parts, is the main stash of dead gear including

StorageSpace004.jpg

My STR-GX800ES (bought new, broken); baby Advents awaiting refoam, American Acoustics needing tweeters, a flaky CDP, dual tape deck, and a Sony KA1ES with motor torque problems, and a Technics TT awaiting cartridge. As well as a broken o-scope (that I blew up) and function generators with no power supplies.

Looks like you got lots of Winter projects standing by. I'm in the same boat. I'll get some pics in here soon. My piles of speakers are turned into each other to keep the cat from using them for his "scratch post".:D

I'll get back with you on this tonight.. maybe... if I can even get close enough to get a picture..

Pfffffffftttt....

Is that the best you can do?.....

CIMG6753.jpg

If you look carefully, you might be able to make out the 3 high stack of consoles in the back....

You don't even want to know what's hiding under those blankets. :D

Dude, I've been there to AA's place and heard only a fraction of his hoard.....anyone is going to be sorry they started a thread like this....:yes:

There's another AK'er in the area that is neck-and-neck with AA, too.

Cheers,

David

Is there a prize?

(This is just inside the door - there's 5000 sq ft total.:D)

Whsex.jpg

Last edited:
:scratch2: Well, its not just audio stuff, but my room is one huge pile of stuff in general. I may post a picture. If I do we can play spot the gear.

CIMG6753.jpg

If you look carefully, you might be able to make out the 3 high stack of consoles in the back....

Wow, what could you possibly have in store for those beasts??

OK.. here's my audio junk rooms... My basement.. in the slow process...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0528.jpg
    DSC_0528.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_0529.jpg
    DSC_0529.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 482

CIMG6753.jpg

Those have got to be the biggest tweeters in the universe!!
:jawdrop:

Ardvaark
:music:

Back
Top Bottom