When AK members - friends - silently disappear

How about high quality headphones, Sir?

Meditation is a great thing (I practice it daily since 2002) - but not on costs of others.

When my mother became very very sick three months ago (we still lived together back then), I had to go without "having the room involved" as well. However - I can't live without music anyway. So try to get used to it in a way.
Good headphones can be fairly transparent. Sometimes I forget I have them on.

Good to see I was missed by someone, and surprised it's been that long. Zebra's post here was from 2016.

I left my job in 2013 and started a driving business. I was always on the road and not on a computer that often. I had also reached a point of contentedness with my system, so it wasn't so much of an ongoing project. The pandemic wiped out the driving biz but also set my wife up to teach from home. What she teaches mostly is meditation, so she needs a quiet house. Now I'm back at a job, but the house still needs to be quiet most of the time, so my system can go for weeks or months without being switched on.
I know one of the guys on that list…

Possible New Business Idea

Create a "Death Registry" wherein members pay a nominal one-time fee to list all the forums and social media sites on which they are active. When they die, a loved one plugs in the pertinent info, date died, cause, last comments, etc. Then the service then posts an Obit to all the forums and platforms. A little on the macabre side, but also useful!

I have recently had to help a few friends with estate issues. The brick-and-mortar aspects are getting easier for me, or at least the procedures no longer bewilder me. The digital and on-line aspects seem crazier by the day.

There are already many different self-help articles and established web sites to help us be proactive with our digital lives. The problem is actually doing it. But here at least is a starting point, one of many easily found:

I'm actually here to try and figure what happened to a few old A/K acquaintances. Blue Shadow directed me to this thread after I posted an individual request elsewhere.

One is @70salesguy as he and I shared a strong interest in Crown RTRs. I saw that he has been requested in this thread a few times over the years but it seems no answer was ever provided for his disappearance.

Another is @sheltie dave who was from the St Louis area and shared quite a number of equipment insights and likes. His name made it once on this thread but again without any real answer. I know his personal situation was becoming more problematic when he left, but never knew if it was a clash of wills or actual physical danger.

I saw a mention in another post and Im so hit and miss here that I never heard a definitive answer...Echowars...glen, someone said he passed on? is that true?

I was getting ready to send a group message to folks who have played the March Madness over on the sports zone. I notice member phatster, who used to participate and post often in the NCAA basketball discussions has not been seen since 2022. Anyone know @phatster in real life?

I'm actually here to try and figure what happened to a few old A/K acquaintances. Blue Shadow directed me to this thread after I posted an individual request elsewhere.

One is @70salesguy as he and I shared a strong interest in Crown RTRs. I saw that he has been requested in this thread a few times over the years but it seems no answer was ever provided for his disappearance.

Another is @sheltie dave who was from the St Louis area and shared quite a number of equipment insights and likes. His name made it once on this thread but again without any real answer. I know his personal situation was becoming more problematic when he left, but never knew if it was a clash of wills or actual physical danger.
Sheltie Dave has been gone a long time.

Back
Top Bottom