Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

Hey Kevin!

The Amp is the M-7050, the preamp is the P-L10. Are you looking for a set? If so, very hard to find here in the states. They do pop up every couple years on fleabay, but they are easier to find in Japan via jauce.com.
I have another M-7050 amp I bought from Japan labeled "Victor" which is JVC in Japan. Took 5 weeks to deliver. It was originally for a parts unit, but it ended up being in near mint condition, so the original amp is now my parts unit (not the amp you saw), so I have three of them. The TOTL power amp was the M-L10, again very difficult to find in the states. I attribute this to one, owners don't sell them, and two, not many were sold in the states under the JVC name. These are great amps and if you get the chance to get them, do it.

Cheers, Glenn
Hi Glenn,
I was blown away by the look of the amp and the beautiful job you did on the cabinet! I thought the 7050 had a metal exterior? Did you steal the veneered cabinet from a M-L10? So, do you have enough pieces to build another one? :)
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Glenn,
I was blown away by the look of the amp and the beautiful job you did on the cabinet! I thought the 7050 had a metal exterior? Did you steal the veneered cabinet from a M-L10? So, do you have enough pieces to build another one? :)
Thanks,
Kevin
Hey Kevin,
I very much appreciate your kind words! Restoring these pieces was a 3 year journey.
I found the amp and preamp on eBay. They both were in rough shape. The seller emptied houses and found these there. It's very unusual to find the 7050 with the cabinet. I assume the original owner ordered it so it would match the P-L10. The cabs were so banged up, I had to reveneer them, and finish with 32 coats of lacquer, in an attempt to equal the factory cab finish. It's a shame they were so abused. I have a pretty lengthy thread about the saga!
The 7050 you saw, was my 2nd one. The first beat up amp is now my parts amp. These are difficult to find in the U.S., but easy to get in Japan. The 3rd one I have is labeled Victor, which I originally purchased as a parts unit for my beat up 1st amp. The Victor amp from Japan is near perfect, hense the original one is now the parts unit, though it does work.
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom