Best submarine movies

"Crimson Tide".. although I know there would never be such a conflict of command, on any naval vessel in the U.S. Navy.

But the drama was second to none : )

Not your average "submarine"...

Screen-Shot-2019-02-08-at-2.16.27-PM.png

The only way I like to watch Das Boot is listening to
the German language while reading the English sub-
titles in the Director's cut version.

I have a hard time with most of them (100% me). 23yrs in the Navy, with quite a few “rides” on boats and ships I have a hard time getting past the “that’s not a thing” or “that’s BS” that every one of them have.

All that said if I had to pick one (I have seen all those mentioned, many multiple times) I would have to pick Das Boat and U-571.

I have a hard time with most of them (100% me). 23yrs in the Navy, with quite a few “rides” on boats and ships I have a hard time getting past the “that’s not a thing” or “that’s BS” that every one of them have.

All that said if I had to pick one (I have seen all those mentioned, many multiple times) I would have to pick Das Boat and U-571.

not all are meant to be realistic as the above shows lol

not all are meant to be realistic as the above shows lol
I get that and that is why I said it’s me ;)

But many do try and be realistic… it’s the details that they eff up horribly… so it’s 100% my military OCD :)

Then there's the recent depiction of the convoy vs wolf pack in "Greyhound" (2020) Tom Hanks effort. I thought it was well done. Had to watch it twice to decipher the navy talk.

What surprized me was the degree of sophistication of sonar even during those times and how rapidly electronics were changing due to the extreme need.

Q

Then there's the recent depiction of the convoy vs wolf pack in "Greyhound" (2020) Tom Hanks effort. I thought it was well done. Had to watch it twice to decipher the navy talk.

What surprized me was the degree of sophistication of sonar even during those times and how rapidly electronics were changing due to the extreme need.

Q

That was a very good movie; tight and focused, no messing around.

I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet.

R.ebdd70c648e29d96a32fac0ae1cb344f

I think this movie is a good light hearted submarine based comedy effort, enough to have bought it yrs. ago on BR.

In fact, I`ll select it for tonight`s A/V entertainment..
Thank you for triggering my 2 remaining braincells to select it, Gadget 73, Sir. as it`s been a while since I viewed it.

What surprised me was the degree of sophistication of sonar even during those times and how rapidly electronics were changing due to the extreme need.

Q

War time needs intensely driven technology innovations ! ^^^

I`m still waiting for the physical disc to be released to purchase, if ever !
Don`t stream, and don`t do the "rotten apple" anything ever !

May never ever able to view in my life !

Back
Top Bottom