G22000...Tuner-Preamp very good, Power Stage, damaged...

Tuner preamp part restoration...

Selectors cleaning...
04selector.jpg

06waferi.jpg

Another selector with some bug :)
08phono_selector.jpg

The board of those selectors:
07selector_board.jpg

Cleaning switches for tuner functions:
09tuner_function.jpg

10first_switch.jpg

tuner function switches cleaned and installed at theirs positions:
11tuner_function_board_finished.jpg

Wow, that is a very impressive restoration Kale, very very thorough work down to the last detail.....
The veneer, is absolutely beautiful work........

What a tribute to Sansui!!

You really did bring that thing back from the dead indeed....

Thanks! But you know... I bought that veneer in USA, because I didnt find anything similar in Croatia what will be good for that job...

Power Supply

Restoration of power supply:
How it was....
12power_supply.jpg

13power_supply.jpg

Sansui glue
14power_suply_cond.jpg

...cleaned...
18power_suply_cond_removed.jpg

again glue....
15glue.jpg

cleaned...
16glue_cleaned.jpg

17glue_cleaned.jpg

Silk purse from sow's ear. Nice work.

Question: What is it you coated the PC boards with?

Like this one?

Or is it just the lighting that makes 'em look like there's a coating on them?

Silk purse from sow's ear. Nice work.

Question: What is it you coated the PC boards with?

Like this one?

Or is it just the lighting that makes 'em look like there's a coating on them?

EchoWars,since Kale is consistent in his Sansui restorations,I believe he is using rosin.

Kale,she looks beautiful :yes: ,and as I have said many times:Bravo maestro !!!
Splendid work.What especially impresses me is complete disassembly and cleaning of each switch, and not just use of DeOxit :thmbsp:

Ive gotta say again, exceptional work Kale, that is a lot of time and patience and attention to detail there, I am so very impressed with your restoration.

Also thank you for sharing the ride with us.........Its a real benchmark to aspire to for sure........

EchoWars,since Kale is consistent in his Sansui restorations,I believe he is using rosin.
I use it too, but I clean it off, as I don't like the way it looks. At any rate, the Kester flux I use doesn't look that 'clear' after soldering, so I thought Kale might be using some coating. But I guess not, since the edges of the board look clean.

Pepa, you are right... yes I used rosin (colophony) for that job, as Sansui did, but on lightly different way.

After I finish with soldering job, I cleaned all old colophony, and after that I am going to cover board with new layer of colophony. On that way, I removed all dirty, get covered complete board and solder points with colophony (on that way it prevent oxidation solder point, and prevent electrical short circuit by accident, and finally because the boards are made by Pertinax, which is moisture sensitive, on that way I protect that board against moisture too)

You already have seen how bad was looking that right channel board because of some aggressive liquid, if that board was not covered by rosin in the past, today only what I could to do with it is to put it into garbage, because all printed circuit will be gone... that rosin has protected those printed circuit against that aggressive liquid.

What can I add that others already haven't said? Your patience/skill and attention to detail are outstanding beyond anything else and for that I take my hat off to you. One amazing end result and a dam fine looking Big G!:yes:

Cheers
Glen

Painstaking detail work Kale. Surely you have brought this one back from the dead in splendid fashion:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom