Jimmy's office PC music system

JimmyNeutron

Did some rearranging/upgrading to my home office system. Mostly I added a small headphone station to my daily PC rig. That consists of my PC (8 core AMD, 16 gigs RAM, SSD running J. River) going into a Tascam USB D/A DAC, then to my Little Dot mkIII headphone amp powering my AKG cans. I mostly listen to Pandora, MOG, or my music library thru J. River while I'm working on the PC, or just surfing. I'm a late worker so it's nice to listen to my tunes on my cans without disturbing the wife and kids. :music: When I don't want to hear thru the cans I have the audio out of the PC mobo (ASUS Sabertooth 990FX) going to a pair of small powered Cerwin Vega monitors. :yes: My source is my HTPC (not my daily PC) that sits opposite where I sit. It is also an 8 core AMD with the same ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mobo, etc - basically it's the same clone as my main rig. Yeah, waaaay overkill. But power is everything! :thmbsp: It's running J. River (of course) running thru my Krell/McIntosh/B&W system and controlled by the desk mounted touchscreen. Both my rigs are running Windows 8 so touchscreen use is a breeze. I do have a small Bluetooth keyboard and mouse under the touchscreen, but it's only used when editing music files and such. Most of the time the system powers up and goes straight into J. River Theater View, which is all touchscreen. I can also monitor my homes security cameras from this monitor as well with a touch of the screen.
Sorry about the inconsistency of the pictures. I took them with my phone.

Jimmy

Long shot of office:

looking good... you have some nice gear indeed...

i'm making metal notes on ideas for when my wife and i move shortly here your set up has given me a couple ideas

thank for posting your rigs and all.

cheers.

Samsung 27" led lcd pc monitor. My daily pc sitting on the floor to the left of my desk is connected to that monitor. The HTPC/music pc in the rack of equipment is connected to the desk touchscreen and to the wall mounted 55" Samsung lcd tv. All connections are hdmi for full 1080p resolution on all monitors.

JImmy

Some nice updates. It is cool that you found a way to take advantage of the Win8 touchscreen in a desktop environment.

Dude what garbage you have!!! The only thing worth anything is that framed picture on the wall in the corner behind the audio rack.......and u know it!!

LOL :thmbsp:

Dude what garbage you have!!! The only thing worth anything is that framed picture on the wall in the corner behind the audio rack.......and u know it!!

LOL :thmbsp:

:D LOL!!!
I know, but oh well. You are right about that little "Scenes" nugget. Check out this pic. Mike Portnoy took this from behind his kit at the San Francisco Scenes From A Memory tour in 2000. I'm in the grey shirt, front row, in front of the stage guard. Stood in line for 10 hours. Ahhhh those were the days. No wife, no children, free reign on the world :sigh: What happened?

Thanks for the compliments. It's the same old story, upgrading never ends. Always something new you want to try out. At this time I am really happy with the sound and control of my office/HTPC music system. There is always room for improvement, but I think one has to put things in perspective. Money is the issue (of course), and I think my next upgrade will be a long time coming. I want the B&W 801 Diamonds. Yeah I know...keep wishing. I think at this point in the evolution of my office/music system I'll have to take a break for a while. It's been a long and expensive journey (not as expensive as some, but family and other things must come first) and I really am very, very pleased with all the small incremental upgrades to the system that pushed it to the point that I always wanted to reach. MIT cables, AudioQuest interconnects, massively overpowered PC for music...very pleased.

Time to enjoy the music instead of fussing over it. Music is good. :thmbsp:

Jimmy

:D LOL!!!
I know, but oh well. You are right about that little "Scenes" nugget. Check out this pic. Mike Portnoy took this from behind his kit at the San Francisco Scenes From A Memory tour in 2000. I'm in the grey shirt, front row, in front of the stage guard. Stood in line for 10 hours. Ahhhh those were the days. No wife, no children, free reign on the world :sigh: What happened?

Yup those were the days!!! Luckily my wife and I still sit in line for hours on GA tickets...Here is a pic last year at Neal Morse~Momentum Tour 2012

We have been front row for both tours which feature Portnoy on drums.....Last tour he gave my wife a stic

NM7.jpg

This is him singing lead on the Osmonds "Crazy Horses".....LOL!

That's a nice system man! Real neat and tidy!

If I may ask, what are the smaller powered monitor looking speakers down on the desk flanking your main computer's monitor? They look like M-Audios to me...

That's a nice system man! Real neat and tidy!

If I may ask, what are the smaller powered monitor looking speakers down on the desk flanking your main computer's monitor? They look like M-Audios to me...

They're small Cerwin Vega powered monitors. Small, nice just mainly for low level music when I can't play my larger system.

Back
Top Bottom