Period correct system to match CA-2010

Yep...... Isn't there a thread or directions some where on how to pack a TT for shipment (Vinyl Engine, perphaps)? Cannot leave that platter in there. Guess I should have broken two records. Am also guessing that UPS, or whomever, will not cover the damage as was improperly packed. Hopefully, you can work it out with the seller.

That’s sad to see – most Yamaha turntables are very good performers. As I stated in another thread, I always make sure that I instruct sellers specifically on how to pack a turntable before they send it to me, and that instruction always tells them to remove the platter, pad it well, and package it underneath the turntable, in a large box, and with plenty of padding around the whole lot. Because of that I’ve never had one damaged, but seeing pictures like yours reinforces how carefully they need to be packed. Let's hope you get your money back - I did when a turntable being transported to me by a freight company with insured freight got lost (not sure how, but I guess someone decided they needed a nice Pioneer turntable more than me, for no cost).

I am not so fast to blame the seller. YOU should have taken the effort to inform the seller of how he MUST pack the table to ship it. Most people that may have a nice table simply don't know anything about them, including how to ship them safely. I have purchased several tables from eBay and have never had a problem as I very firmly inform them how they MUST pack it, or I make it known I will file a not as described item complaint with eBay if they don't.

That's a damn shame! Hope you get satisfying reimbursement for the damage.
Great to see your system coming together. AK member Avionic has a 701- perhaps he will have some repair advice. You could always remove the TT cover completely when spinning discs to avoid seeing the cracks.
Oh, and cosmetically, despite a few scratches- those three units side by side look great. You've achieved your goal in that regard!

Last edited:
Well I got some speakers....

HPM 1500's bought new in 1978 by a military guy and shipped over. They are stunning!

5365275964_a630ee4972_z.jpg

5364662141_a04259d180_z.jpg

5364662763_8918582b71.jpg

I decided to go with these for many reasons. 1) they were available locally at a good price. 2) there are period correct. 3) I wanted a 'statement' speaker. Yamaha does have the ns1000's but they just appear to plain and too much like all other speakers. (I'm just justifying them being out of my budget)

These HPM-1500's sound great so far! more to come.

Last edited:
Well I got some speakers....

HPM 1500's bought new in 1978 by a military guy and shipped over. They are stunning!

5365275964_a630ee4972_z.jpg

5364662141_a04259d180_z.jpg

5364662763_8918582b71.jpg

I decided to go with these for many reasons. 1) they were available locally at a good price. 2) there are period correct. 3) I wanted a 'statement' speaker. Yamaha does have the ns1000's but they just appear to plain and too much like all other speakers. (I'm just justifying them being out of my budget)

These HPM-1500's sound great so far! more to come.

I love them beautiful speakers. Great pickup.

Thanks to your All vintage yamaha stereo video on Youtube, I've started to built my own Yamaha period correct system. I've won CA-1010, CT-1010 and YP-D6 from eBay lately. They're all from the same Yamaha brochure. I really hope to get them soon! :music:

So, what's next? The NS-690 speakers would be really great. The NS-1000 would be awesome, but they are totally out of my budget at the moment.

And of course, the TC-1000 cassette deck could be nice too. :D

So, what's next? The NS-690 speakers would be really great. The NS-1000 would be awesome, but they are totally out of my budget at the moment.

And of course, the TC-1000 cassette deck could be nice too. :D
I found the TC-1000 earlier and today I finally got the NS-690III speakers. My period correct vintage Yamaha set is complete. :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom