Summer Get Together-Chicago June 9

powerman

Having a outside fest at my place on Sat June 9th. I am near McHenry IL
Wifes are welcome but please no children
PM me if you want to be on the list and for directions
:music:

Dave , you can count on the wife and i being there . (wouldnt miss it) sorry i didnt respond sooner .

Ken & Michelle

Dave,

I will be there too, but can't yet get an answer from SWMBO. Since I know where it is can you post the time? Also, please indicate what we should bring.

With those monster JBLs and your love of power(man) I think most everyone could find it by just following their ears.

Chicago Area

We are located about 60 miles north west of Chicago and 50 miles east of Rockford.
Time Saturday June 9th at 1 PM. that will give me the time to move out a
couple of tons of speakers.
What to bring/ some CDs you would like to hear:music:

LOL powerman. I saw pix in another thread of those JBL's. If I lived closer I'd be there in a NY minute. Please post pix so us folks far away can attend in spirit. :yes:

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

Bump, I'm in, (have been) gonna get a PM together with the address, so we can see if google can find the adddy?

beemer said:
If I lived closer I'd be there in a NY minute. Please post pix so us folks far away can attend in spirit. :yes:

Wish I could attend.....pics would be good!!

Aww man, I have to work this Sat. It's tough this time of year, Saturdays are real busy during June in the pizza biz. Maybe next time-Rich

beemer said:
LOL powerman. I saw pix in another thread of those JBL's. If I lived closer I'd be there in a NY minute. Please post pix so us folks far away can attend in spirit. :yes:

But you can attend!! Just step outside your front door when he turns it to eleven! :D

Scott

beemer said:

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

For those who haven't seen what beemer is talking about, have a look
at this thread:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109472
I was hoping to add myself to the list, but after a visit with my surgeon
today, I'm gonna have to pass and lay low until I can have my incisional
hernia repaired. (later this month) I still might be able to hear you guys,
but that would only be if you can drown out the Cicadas:D :D
You all have fun. Looks like the weatherman will be cooperating.

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!

Powerman's avatar is no exaggeration. And he has a VERY tolerant SWMBO...
They're Great Folks, THANK YOU... you two, and also Thank You to the others that contributed, including some tasty treats...

He sure knows how to toss a shindig...

Well, it will take a bit of figuring in my mind to sort out the neighbors from the AK'ers, but as they say, it ain't a party till the cops show up. About 7 pm... But since the area is unincorporated, they really didn't have much of a say...

At one point before that, there was an abrupt cutoff of sound as opposed to a fadeout, and I heard a LOT of echos...

Powerman could put on a respectable local summer festival concert.

I wouldn't be bragging to say that they should have heard the music on the other side of the lake.

And as I assured the female officer, not all the speakers were active at one time, nor were all the amps active at the same time either and the active ones were NOT turned all the way up....

Most of the local neighbors dropped in...

And the roast beef for the sandwiches IS the best I've EVER tasted.

Yeah, I got back at 9:30 or so... best 120 miles and 3 hours of driving I've done in a long time...

Funny thing, there were a LOT of barking dogs heard in between the tracks.:D

I will leave it to others to call the roll, and post pictures. Next time I WILL bring a camera.....

Back
Top Bottom